How to Role Play in 4 Steps
Have you read our new poem "Role Play: The Subtle Art of Following" yet?! If not, then come back to this post after you read it. It's best to read the poem a few times to catch the subtleties of the interaction between the leader and follower. Following that poem as a roadmap, we're breaking down how to play the role of a follower in four steps. Afterwards, test yourself and see if you can find examples of embodiment, positioning, communication and polarity within the poem.
Step 1: Embodiment
- Feminine energy is at the heart of following. To channel your feminine energy, just be.
- Wear clothing and colors that feel good. Clothing affects our state of being.
- Slow down your movements including your walk.
- Be present and in your body.
Step 2: Positioning
- Go out and enjoy your own company.
- Be in a visible area where you're likely to be seen.
- Be mindful of the energy you give off.
- Be open and available to be pursued.
- Be mysterious.
- Inspire action by being yourself.
Step 3: Communication
- Communicate with open body language (Ex. eye contact, smizing, uncrossed arms, etc.).
- Pay attention to signs of interest and choose whether to engage.
- Listen to your body.
Step 4: Polarity
- Dance with masculine energy to create polarity.
- Receive leadership as a gift.
- Feel the goodness of submission.
- Honor the differences between the masculine and feminine.